This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read my full disclaimer for more information.
- Eggs (3 per omelet)
- Diced Ham
- Green Bell Pepper
- Cheese (topping)
- Pint Sized Ziploc Freezer Bags (Get the Ziploc brand…other brands won’t work)
- Chop all of your veggies for the omelets. You can even do this at home before you go camping or if your lucky your grocery store might sell chopped veggies.
- Start heating a large pot of water.
- Crack three eggs into each Ziploc bag. Close the bag, remove as much air as possible, and seal the bag. Squish the eggs to “beat” them.
- Add your ham and veggies to the eggs. Close the bag, remove as much air as possible, and mix the ingredients together.
- Once your pot of water is boiling, add your bag to the water. Be careful that your bag doesn’t touch the pot or it will melt the bag. I held onto a corner of my bag to make sure it wasn’t touching the sides but I don’t think you have to do this…I was just cautious because I didn’t want to ruin everyone’s breakfast!
- Cook for about 13-16 minutes until the eggs in the bag feel semi-firm.
- Open the bag, roll the omelet onto a plate, and top with cheese.